Your wedding day ensemble is not complete without the perfect accessories to complement and elevate your bridal look. From delicate jewellery to statement headpieces, choosing the right accessories can transform a beautiful gown into a stunning, cohesive vision. As a leading Bridal Company in Christchurch, New Zealand, Wilkins Bridal is committed to helping brides navigate the world of bridal accessories, offering expert guidance on selecting and styling these essential adornments.
In this blog, we will unveil the ultimate guide to selecting and styling bridal accessories, delving into a range of accessory categories, including jewellery, veils, belts and sashes, headpieces and hair accessories, and shoes. For each category, we will outline the key considerations to keep in mind while making your selection, such as your gown’s style, your wedding theme, and your personal preferences. By exploring various accessory options and examining how they can enhance and refine your bridal look, you will be better equipped to make informed decisions when completing your wedding day ensemble.
Additionally, we will discuss the importance of striking a balance when combining multiple accessories, offering expert advice on how to create a harmonious, sophisticated aesthetic. Whether you prefer a minimalist approach with a few understated accents or a bold, statement-making look, we will provide insights on how to style accessories with your gown for maximum impact.
We will also reveal our top tips to ensure a seamless and enjoyable accessories shopping experience, including a suggested timeline, advice on where to source high-quality and unique pieces, and ways to infuse personal touches and sentimental value into your bridal accessories.
Join us as we unlock the secrets to selecting and styling bridal accessories, empowering you with the knowledge and inspiration needed to perfect your wedding day ensemble with the help of Wilkins Bridal.
The Ultimate Guide to Selecting and Styling Bridal Accessories
Jewellery: Adding a Touch of Sparkle and Elegance
Jewellery plays a pivotal role in elevating your bridal look while adding a touch of sparkle and sophistication. When selecting the ideal pieces, consider these factors:
1) Gown Style: Your gown’s neckline, embellishments, and overall style should drive your jewellery choices. For example, a strapless or sweetheart neckline pairs well with statement necklaces, while a V-neck gown is complemented by a delicate pendant or lariat necklace.
2) Balance: Be mindful of not overwhelming your look: if your gown is heavily adorned with crystals and beading, opt for simpler jewellery to create harmony.
3) Consistency: Ensure your jewellery metals are consistent and complementary to the colour of your gown – for example, silver and white gold pair beautifully with a pure white gown, while rose gold complements blush tones.
4) Sentiment: Infuse personal meaning into your jewellery by incorporating heirlooms or pieces that hold sentimental value, connecting your accessories to personal memories or loved ones.
Veils: Timeless Elegance Meets Modern Style
Veils remain a popular bridal accessory, bringing an air of timelessness and grace to your bridal look. Choose the right veil for you by considering the following:
1) Length: Veils come in various lengths, from short and chic to dramatic cathedral veils. Select a length that complements your gown and enhances its features without competing for attention.
2) Gown Detailing: A simple gown allows for a more intricate veil, adorned with delicate lace or beading, whereas a heavily embellished gown pairs well with a minimalist, single-tier veil.
3) Comfort and Practicality: Consider your wedding venue and the level of comfort you desire while wearing your veil, ensuring it is manageable throughout the day and suitable for your location.
Belts and Sashes: Adding Definition and Flair
Belts and sashes can accentuate your waistline and add a touch of personality to your bridal look. For the perfect pairing, remember these tips:
1) Width: Select a belt or sash that complements your gown’s silhouette, taking care not to overpower its style or cut off the line of the dress.
2) Embellishments: Consider the detailing on your gown when choosing a belt – a simple dress may benefit from a more embellished belt, while a highly detailed gown may call for a more understated sash.
3) Colour: Opt for a belt or sash that complements the colour of your gown, while also considering your wedding colour palette for a cohesive look.
Headpieces and Hair Accessories: A Crowning Touch
Headpieces and hair accessories range from delicate hairpins to ornate tiaras, providing ample opportunity to showcase your personal style.
1) Hairstyle: Your chosen hairstyle will influence the type of headpiece or hair accessory that best suits your look. For example, an elegant updo may call for a statement headband or vintage-inspired comb, while loose waves might be enhanced by ethereal floral hairpins.
2) Balance and Proportion: Ensure your headpiece or hair accessory complements your chosen hairstyle and overall bridal look in terms of size, style, and proportion.
Shoes: The Foundation of Your Bridal Look
Bridal shoes hold the power to complete your ensemble and make a statement all their own.
1) Comfort: Prioritise comfort, selecting a heel height and shoe style that you feel confident and comfortable wearing throughout your celebration.
2) Gown Length: Bring your shoes to your gown alterations appointments to ensure the dress is hemmed to the ideal length while accounting for your shoes’ height.
3) Personal Style: Let your shoes reflect your personal style and complement your gown, whether that be a classic pump, a bold and vibrant heel, or a comfortable yet stylish flat or sandal.
Creating Harmony and Balance
When styling multiple accessories together, prioritise harmony and balance:
1) Streamline your accessories by choosing complementary pieces that share a common style or theme. For example, a vintage-inspired gown might be paired with a delicate lace headpiece and pearl jewellery.
2) Resist the urge to over-accessorise – focus on a few essential pieces that highlight your bridal look without becoming overwhelming.
Mastering the art of selecting and styling bridal accessories begins with understanding the different accessory categories and tailoring them to your personal preferences and gown style. By striking a balance between embellishments, staying true to your personal taste, and considering the practical aspects of your wedding day, you can create a harmonious and unforgettable ensemble.
At Wilkins Bridal, we appreciate the importance of accessories in completing a bride’s look and are dedicated to providing expert guidance on all aspects of your wedding day attire. Trust our knowledge and experience to ensure your bridal ensemble is beautifully cohesive, reflecting your unique style and enhancing your wedding day memories. For wedding dresses, accessories and more, get in touch with us today!